Monday, November 23, 2009

Our last Ultrasound!

Averi is breech! I guess this is not uncommon especially when there is extra amoniotic fluid present. The doctor was super positive that Averi would turn and if she didn't that her position makes her a good candidate for averision(bare with me if I got the name of the procedure incorrect) which is a manual turning of Averi. They will do a quick scan prior to induction on Dec. 14th. If we are not successful then we will have to have a C-section. So we are praying she will turn.

I am NOT diabetic. Yay! Praise God! One less thing to worry about as we get closer to Averi's birth. I am 1 cm dialated. The doctor said I am 60% soft, not sure what that meant. We are 36 weeks and 4 days. Averi weighs 6 lbs 14 oz by ultrasound measurement, which can be off more than they would like. If that is correct though that means Averi gained 2 lbs 2 oz in the last 4 weeks. She has chubby little cheeks. I am going to try and get the 4D u/s picture we got posted. She is going to look like her brother Ian.

As we approach the induction date I am getting more and more anxious. The unknown is driving me crazy. It is a struggle at times to stay positive. There is just no way to know what will happen with Averi. I long to bring her home, but constantly have to bring myself back to the reality that it just may not happen. So many CDH babies have passed, and my heart just breaks for the families. I am extremely uncomfortable with this pregnancy but don't want her to come out yet because right now she is safe and warm and doesn't need outside support. Praying and worshiping the Lord really does help for me. Averi has already taught me so much, the impact she has had on our family and friends is huge! Ok the diary part of this entry is over.... he he he!

Thanks you for your continued prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Teresa,
    I am praying for Averi everyday and think of you often. All these emotions bring back memories for me. Stay strong and healthy for your little warrior princess. I always read this while I was pregnant and still do to this day. Psalm 121:1-2

    ReplyDelete