Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Progress pictures explanation

So let's try this again... 4th time is the charm.... the progress pictures on the previous post are from the last 2.5 years. After Averi passed away in 2009 I was determined to change for the better. I wasn't sure what that would entail ( still working on me I am not perfect that's why I need God). After Ellie was born in 2010 with all her needs (visual impairment, oxygen, suction, g-tube dependant), and with Ian's new diagnosis of Autism I knew I had to do something about my health. I was always tired, had chronic headaches, high blood pressure,  sleep apnea, and severe acid reflux. The Pychologist that diagnosed Ian told me that he may do really well or may need support well into adulthood. That sealed it for me. I had to be here now and for a very long time for my kids.

When things with Ellie stabalized in early 2012 I told my doctor I was done being overweight. She put me on a medically supervised diet... I started with her at 265lbs.... during that 6 months I lost 11 lbs... then gained it back and went back up and thensome to 274lbs.... then lost that 11lbs and thensome and got down to 253lbs. I decided I was done yo-yo dieting and didnt give a crap about the stigma placed on Weight Loss Surgery patients, I was going to do it! By this time my 89 year grandma had come to live with me, and I was her primary care giver. I was already working out and eating way better per insurance and pre-surgical requirements.

The picture of me in the brown shirt is one of me at my heaviest around 274lbs.

The picture of me in the blue dress (I thought I looked so cute, my husband did not lol!) is my pre-op appointment at a weight of 253lbs. - Sept. 2012

The picture of me in  the pink tank top I had stalled in weight loss at 183ish pounds (went to Vegas and gained 9lbs went from 174ish pounds to 183ish pounds.... we really celebrated Kev's 40th birthday!!!! We ate and layed out by the pool all day then went to dinner and a show at night.... we are such party animals!!!) - June 2014

I decided I had to step up my workouts. I was doing a home full body workout with very light weights about 5 times a week. My friend invited me to bootcamp style workouts..... I was HOOKED! Our trainer,  Alex Avila, also sells Herbalife and I started that in August of 2014.

With his style of training I saw amazing results!!! Lost weight (about 10lbs), saw some definition, toning, and actual muscles. I lost inches, my clothes fit better, went down a pant size,  and a cup and a half in my bra size. I worked hard for over 6 months with the hope of plastic surgery in the back of my mind. I wanted to do all I could before taking that step. I knew no amount of working out or weight lifting could or would get rid of the excess skin, but I will be darned if im wasn't going to do my best.

The pictures of me in the blue tank tops are the results of all the blood, sweat, and tears (and trust me there were tons) that went into my workouts June 2014 - February 2015.

The bottom pictures were really hard for me to take..... so please no negative comments....

February 2015 173ishlbs. the night before surgery to remove the excess skin. Lots of people said they didn't think I needed it. If I had clothes on I felt the same way. As you can tell, when the shirt is off there was plenty to work on. The skin is there all the way around. The surgeon removed 7lbs 14oz. of excess skin and some fat too ;) I went in thinking circumferential lift and during the pre-surgery drawing learned that I was basically getting a lower body lift. Bonus butt lift, a little va-jay jay lift (yes I said it lol!) and the excess skin removed from the circumference of my torso.

I will post after surgery pictures soon. I have drains in still.... ewwwww, just ewwwww.... nobody wants to see that.... I have also had a slight complication (an area of skin with a hematoma doctor is watching for necrosis) and I am waiting to see what happens with that.

I will also post updates on Kevin and his recent WLS as well as the kids (all are doing very well!).

Sorry if there are typos... on pain meds... not proofreading!

No comments:

Post a Comment