Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Doctors appt today


Averi is right on target for 27 weeks and 5 days. She weighs 2 lbs 10 oz. Her heart is still all the way to the right but is functioning completely normal and has a good normal heart beat. There are no compression issues at this time. Her stomach is still right beside her heart and they see a bit of intestines or liver, not sure which one, in her chest cavity. So as far as that goes nothing has really changed. Staying the same is ok. Amniotic fluid looks good. Her kidneys and bladder look good. Her brain and head development are good. She is very active and was moving around alot but they got all the pictures they needed and wanted. We got a 3d/4d pic of her sweet little face and we just feel in love.

My blood pressure was good. I only gained 2 pounds and didn't gain any weight the last 2 months so doing ok there. Honestly, I thought I would have gained more weight but this is good.

The doctors and nurse were extremely informative and personable. They answered all the questions on my list that they could and are setting us up for a tour of the NICU where we can ask the questions that are about the actual hospital and their policies etc.. I am super confident about our decision and feel so fortunate to have had a choice between 2 hospitals. Well, according to our doctor we also could go to Stanford, so really 3 hospitals.

We see the "team" every 2 weeks now to monitor the pregnancy and Averi. My sister Traci has been so kind and generous to help us out with the kids and I praise God for her.

Thank you to all for your continued prayers and support. Thank you to those with question suggestions, they really really helped!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I'm Lori. I'm 25 wks 6days today and my baby has also been diagnosed with CDH. I see we're not too far apart in how far along we are. Just wanted to stop in and say hi and you are definitely not alone. Feel free to visit my blog as well. I hope to continue reading you if you don't mind. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one going through this, though I definitely don't wish this on anyone.

    ReplyDelete