Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Regional Center hearing for Ian

Today I had an inforaml hearing to try and reinstate services for Ian. Ian has developmental delays and has been receiving services from our area Regional Center since he was 2.

He has been in the special education program through the school district since he was 3. He is now in a special day Kindergarten and struggling. Academically he always scores high or right on target, but in every other category (going by assessments done in the past and recently) he is at least 1 year behind and 2 1/2 years behind in other areas.

I wanted to get this all tied up before Averi was born, but now I am not so sure we will get our next hearing before then. Today's meeting was a HUGE waste of time. She basically told me that they were going to deny services and send me a letter confirming that. It may ALL be a waste of time since I received a letter a few days later stating that services we going to be discontinued due to budget cuts if they had not been already.

Luckily, Ian's teacher is awesome and she is doing what she can on her side. I am just praying that this all works out and we get things on track before Averi is born.

For now we are waiting for a state level hearing. Tomorrow we have the MRI, so nervous about that as well. These days I have to pray to keep myself from worrying too much, I worry ALOT so I am getting alot of prayer in.

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Proverbs 18:10 NKJV

1 comment:

  1. Cadenne has been getting OT services through Regional Center of Orange County. I think Sept 22nd will likely be our last session. When the budget cuts happened, I guess kids need to be 50% delayed in one area or 33% delayed in two areas in order to qualify for services. Luckily in our case, Cadenne won't need it anymore. But if Ian is 5, and he's 2½ years behind, I'd think he would qualify. ...at least that's how OT works. Maybe other areas of help have different qualifications. I'll be praying for this to work out before Averi is born. Is there a chance that you can talk to someone about your coming situation and get it moved up?

    ReplyDelete