Thursday, August 13, 2009

Final amnio results and we picked a name

We got the final results today. All results are NORMAL. I was so relieved to hear this I started crying. As the tears rolled down my face I heard "Mrs. Gaynor, do you already know what you are having?". This was a different genetics counselor than the first one. I said, "Yes, but tell me again anyway" She said, "It's a girl". I asked just to hear it again "And everything came back normal". She assured me all results were normal. I thanked her several times. When I hung up all I could say was "Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus". I yelled for Kevin and told him and we cried together. I called everyone that wanted to know and told them. Kevin told his family.

Later that evening I was looking at names I really liked Aubrey, but we have friends that have named their daughter that. As I was looking through the rest of the A's I noticed Averi. The book I have says it is a form of Aubrey and means "noble strength". How fitting I thought. Then Hope goes without saying. I said to Kevin "What about Averi Hope?". He said he loved it. Averi Hope is due on or around December 17th. Now it was waiting for a call from UCSF.

Again, and I cannot express this enough, I am so thankful for all of the love, support, and prayers. It has been such a blessing to know we have so many routing for Averi. I thank God everyday for the people we have in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment