Friday, August 28, 2009

A profound daily devotion

I decided today that I needed to get back into my daily devotions and we needed to go back to church. We have taken a break from church for quite some time and it was now time to go back. I wanted to share what the daily devotion was for today's date since it was so fitting to my situation. This is true for most of the devotions, they just seem to fit whatever situation I am in. Praise God!!

God Knows What's Best

Trust the LORD with all your heart and don't depend on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

The problem with this world is that it doesn't fit. Oh, it will do for now, but it isn't tailor-made. We were made to live with God, but on earth we live by faith. We were made to live forever, but on this earth we live but for a moment....
We must trust God. We must trust not only that he does wat is best but that he knows what is ahead. Ponder the words of Isaiah 57:1-2: "The good men perish; the godly die before their time and no one seems to realize that God is taking them away from the evil days ahead. Fot the godly who die shall rest in peace" (TLB)
My, what a thought. God is taking them away from the evil days ahead. Could death be God's grace? Could the funeral wreath be God's safety ring? As horrible as the grave may be, could it be God's protection from the future?
Trust in God, Jesus urges, and trust in me.
A Gentle Thunder - Max Lucado

My heart just ached after our UCSF appointment. The ONE fear I had was that I didn't want Averi to suffer. I think this speaks volumes for what is happening to us. If God's plan is to have Averi go home with Him even though it would be so hard to accept, this tells me that He is saving her from suffering that she will rest in peace with him. That if God's plan is for her to come home with us that she will NOT suffer, and He knows what is best, that He has chosen us to take care of her. This really gave me some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment